Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Personaizing Patterns

NOTICE - THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED. ALL CONTENT IS NOW MOVED TO WWW.DFFRENTFOCUS.COM. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR NEW SITE.

I loved sewing this!!!!
What an adorable Christmas outfit!  Don't you just love the back?
DFFrentFocus.com pattern 1

DFFrentfocus.com dress 2

I modified the Toddler Sizes Olivia Reversible Pinafore Sewing Pattern Tutorial from Romeo & Mae to create this dress. 

My model is a size 4T with a very long torso.  So, I had to extend the straps from the pattern.  (I found they ran a little short. -- My straps actually extended beyond the pattern's size 6.)

The original pattern also covers the entire back of the model.  I wanted to show off the ruffles on the bloomers, so I made small folds under the arms of the pattern that extended to the hem of the pinafore.  This took volume out of the back and opened it up.

The bloomers are a simple 4 piece shorts pattern with elastic inserted in the waistband and around the legs.  I tacked a few rows of ruffles across the back and covered the raw edge on the top ruffle with jumbo ric rac.

The great thing about this pinafore pattern is that it is reversible.  The reverse side of the one on the model is green and white.  I made a matching pair of green cord pants, so she could wear the ensemble on St. Patrick's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment