Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Newborn / Baby Doll Shoe Pattern - FREE!

NOTICE - THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED. ALL CONTENT IS NOW MOVED TO WWW.DFFRENTFOCUS.COM. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR NEW SITE.
 
   This week, I refurbished a baby doll.  When it came to making shoes for it though, I admit I was a little stumped.  I had never made shoes before.  I was so pleased with my first attempt I plan on making more shoes in the future.


        Click here and download my FREE  PDF pattern for Newborn / Baby Doll  Shoes
 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6thQdUKGOfycGVzSmk0QzBva2M/edit?usp=sharing

 This pattern will fit a large 20" (or larger) baby doll or newborn baby.  (Wish I had it when my daughter was born!)

Items needed:
1 square felt
Embroidery Floss
Needle

Instructions:
  Cut 4 of pattern.  Turn 2 over, so you now have a pair of felt pieces for a right and a left foot.

Cut holes in the top 2 felt pieces to create the strap and foot openings for the top of the mary janes.  If you accidentally cut the hole too large, affix a piece of elastic running from the left to right side of the strap.  This will create a sling back that can hold the shoe on the foot and remain hidden under the felt heel.

Embellish with decorative stitches, buttons, etc.  Sew the outsides together with a blanket stitch.



Voila, little mary janes!




If you enjoyed this pattern, please let me know!

Thanks,
The Grundy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment